University entrance qualification
Your school-leaving certificate will be recognised as a university entrance qualification if you come from an EU country, Liechtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland and your certificate is also recognised as a university entrance qualification in your country. If your certificate is not from these countries, then its recognition depends on the country of origin. In order to check the validity of your certificates you may go to the following webpages:
For further information please check FHWS International page of our university.
English language proficiency
For enrolment in an English-speaking degree programme, English language skills at least at level B2 must be proven as a rule.
At the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt, proof of English language proficiency at level B2 is accepted, in particular, through the following language examinations and levels:
- Valid TOEFL IBT® test result of at least 83 points (internet-based)
- Valid IELTS test with at least 6.0 points
- Cambridge First Certificate in English (FCE) or Cambridge B2 First, minimum grade C
- Cambridge Certificate in Advanced English (CAE) or Cambridge C1 Advanced, minimum level B2
- UNIcert® Certificate, minimum level II (UniCert® II)
- English language certificates at the minimum level B2 obtained at the University of Applied Sciences Würzburg-Schweinfurt.
Please also see the current requirements on the FHWS website.
Non-native speakers must demonstrate knowledge of the German language at level A2 of CEFR. This proficiency level with corresponding certificate can also be achieved within the first two semesters of your studies at FHWS. The University will organise special German classes for international students.
A 6-week technical internship should be completed before starting your studies at FHWS. In some exceptional cases this internship can also be completed during the first two semesters (see also information regarding pre-study internship).